Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Make Your Own Blotting Sheets

I recently ran out of blotting sheets that I got from Sephora. My face is an oily mess, especially during the summertime. Not only that, but my wallet is empty, too. What is a girl to do? My mom bought gift wrapping tissue paper for a birthday party she was going to. Tissue paper uses the same material blotting sheets use to pick up oil. Don't believe me? Check it out.
What you need:
Tissue Paper
Scissors
Marker
Ruler
(Optional): Poster board, wrapping paper, decoupage, and a paint brush
Because I'm lazy, I took a sheet of tissue and folded it the way you see up there. I flipped it horizontally and made marks  every 3 inches.

I cut down the marks I made. Then I cut both ends of the vertical strips.
After that, cut the middle of those strips and, voila! You have multiple sheets.
Now, you're pretty much done. You can just stick these sheets in a small envelope and call it a day. But because I love arts and craft, I made my own packaging for these.


Above is a mark-up of the packaging I made. I cut along the outer black lines and then folded by the inner black lines.

After folding it, I cut the wrapping paper to the size of the envelope and glued it using the decoupage.

I let it dry and then stuck my blotting sheets in there. Now, you're done!
Love,
M

1 comment: